Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Dehydration


Dehydration

Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. Runners already experience this every run, but the summer months can really take a toll on the water needs of your body. If you take a look at the above picture (from life ionizers) you can see how dehydration affects more than just your dry mouth. 
What everyone should be drinking:
(couch potato): half your body weight in ounces of water each day
for example-you weigh 200 lbs
you need 100 ounces of water a day

(active Jack): same as above + equivalent to what you sweat out

YES, THAT IS A LOT OF WATER!
YOUR BODY NEEDS IT!

Tell me how you get your daily water intake....
favorite awesome cup, jug with markings...

or
does anything different happen to you when you are dehydrated?
My left ear feels like it needs to pop as if I just drove to the mountains. When this happens, I know I didn't drink enough water the day before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment