Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bryn's Army

I spoke briefly yesterday about my life long friend's daughter recently having her kidney removed due to cancer in this post. I know I need to do a fundraiser for my friend and her family, and have been pondering what type of fundraiser will bring in the most donations. Six years ago I did a fundraiser for my other friend's daughter who had nueroblastoma. We had a dress sale called 'Dresses for Dreams' and sold previously worn prom and wedding dresses for $10 each. In a little over 2 hours of the sale we raised almost $800. Since them my little hero, Miss A, is conquering the world wheelchair style as a very active 3rd grader. 
 Now it is time to take some stress of Miss B's mom's shoulders. Worrying about co-pays is the LAST thing she needs to be doing right now. Miss B is currently undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatments. You can read more about her and like her facebook page here

With that being said, I am in the midst of organizing a virtual 5K, 10K, half, and full marathon that will benefit Miss B's family. Registration will be $30 and you will receive a blinged out medal in the mail. You can run your miles anytime from August 1st-30th. There will also be a group to share your pics and times along with other goodies that may spring up by then. More details will arise soon once the proof for the medal arrives. 

Please share with your running buds. I have a big goal for this and plan to go above and beyond for my good friend.


Have you ever ran a virtual race?

No comments:

Post a Comment